Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Model 275 drivers - need parts

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Post

    Can you post a picture?

    I don't recall this number....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member The_storyteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are a couple of shots
    p3090400


    p3090406

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Don McR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In case you are not aware, you are asking about a JBL product on an Altec forum. Don't worry, it's not a capital offense forums

    The 275 was introduced at the same time as the 375 in 1953. I believe it can take the same diaphragm as the LE85 that replaced it. The Ampex label means that it dates from the time that Ampex was licensed by JBL to build their designs in the mid 50's. There are some vintage JBL experts on our forum that may be able to provide more information:

    http://www.audioheritage.org/html/forums/forums.htm

  4. #4
    Inactive Member The_storyteller's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well I can't find any information on this model driver here. I knew they were old but didnt think they could pre-date the 375. They look just like the 375 but are clearly marked as a 275. the horns they are attached to are D 6973's by Ampex. Any help woudl be appreciated. I have 3 drivers and 1 has a bad diaphram that I need to replace. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.